Friday, January 19, 2007

We Like it Very Much!



Ben and I discovered MST3K one night when we were visiting my folks in Illinois, back when we lived together in NYC. Late at night in the guest room, Ben was surfing the channels while I slept. He happened across Comedy Central and I was rudely awakened by his laughter, which was so hard he was shaking the bed! Sleepily I said "...what is it...?" and Ben said, between gasps, "Val! The guy in the movie said, 'speak your piece,' and the little robot said, 'or forever hold your now!'" I was unimpressed at the time.



Since then, Ben and I have become avid fans. I'm a big Pearl Forrester fan and even made a costume of her uniform for a Sci Fi convention. We also appeared in the costume contest as Manos and his wives with our friend Marianne. We participated in the invention exchange and other activities.





Collecting the tapes, "Keep circulating the tapes" as they say at the end of the credits of every episode, is something that Ben and I enjoy doing, and we're pround to "raise our freak flag high," as They Might Be Giants would say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home